Market rent applications may be picked up and returned at 456 Brock Avenue, Burlington.
Subsidized applications may be picked up and returned to Halton Access to Community Housing (HATCH) at 690 Dorval Dr., 7th Floor, Oakville.
Application forms must be completed and signed by all persons in the household over the age of 16 and include appropriate income verification from all household members before the application will be processed.
In addition, applicants must attend a co-op information and orientation meeting, and participate in a membership interview.
Acceptance will be by resolution of the Board of Directors. If accepted, the applicant will be required to pay a one time only non-refundable membership fee of $20.00 per household.
Administrative Criteria for Considering Applications
Completed applications will be processed on a chronological basis subject to the following:
- Applicants must demonstrate need appropriate to the available unit as defined by the Co-op’s occupancy standards.
- Applicants must disclose full information of household income and
indebtedness and allow a credit check as proof of financial responsibility.
- The Co-op shall make every effort to give priority to applicants who are fleeing domestic violence.
- The Co-op shall make every effort to give priority to families and individuals who are paying more than 30% of their Income on housing, living in overcrowded conditions or living In a dwelling that requires major lepair or racks basic facilities.
Criteria for Membership Selection
- A willingness to participate in the development of the Co-op as a respectful, harmonious and neighbourly community;
- A willingness to abide by the By-laws, Agreements, policies and regulations set by the Co-op;
- A willingness to respect the human and civil rights of others; and, An indication of permanence or at least long-term residence.